Nicholas O Dwyer
The works consist of the detailed design & construction of new trunk and distributor mains in the Howth, Balbriggan & Malahide areas, including upgrading of an existing pumping station in Corr Bridge, and the replacement of the existing pumping station at Dungriffen Reservoir and the associated Mechanical & Electrical works.
These works will include the installation of :
- 5.6km of 600mm Ductile Iron Pipe on the R132 Balbriggan
- 5.7km of 350mm P.E Pipe in Howth (predominantly installed by directional drilling)
- Directional Drilling Crossings beneath DART Line
- 1.2km of 560mm P.E in Malahide
- 465m of 450mm P.E in Malahide
- 480m of 560mm .P.E in Malahide
- Upgrading of an existing pumping station in Corr Bridge
- Replacement of the existing pumping station at Dungriffen Reservoir
The Howth Balbriggan and Malahide Water Supply Networks Upgrade has been developed to address inefficiencies across the respective water supply network. The installation of the new water mains will mean:
• A reliable water supply to householders and businesses within Howth, Balbriggan and Malahide.
• Fewer disruptions to drinking water supply.
• Overall improvement in the level of service