IDA - Industrial Development Agency
The key features of the Raheen Infrastructure Upgrade Works:
- The existing road surface which is a mix of Concrete/ Asphalt/ Concrete with Asphalt overlay is to be removed and replaced with a new Asphalt surface over bitumen base and road base course with regulation of the sub grade.
- Removal of existing and replacement of sections of footpath and kerbing with new active travel friendly infrastructure.
- Removal and upgrade of foul and surface water infrastructure.
- Internal repairs to foul and surface water system.
- Localised replace and replacement of utility and service chamber frames and covers, ducting and public lighting.
- Extensive ESB 38 Kva High Voltage Works.
- Watermain installation and commissioning,
- Provision of new pedestrian crossing facilities
- Completion of road markings
- Associated boundary treatment and landscaping works
- Stakeholder negotiation, we have developed our entire execution strategy, with the core principle of minimising impact on stakeholders. This principle has informed all of our thinking and guides our phasing and methodologies.
- Implementing an ongoing and adaptable Traffic Management system to allow for the construction works on a public roads with a set of measures that will promote the safety of both the user and the worker. We maintain the highest levels of safety at all times while minimising the disruption of traffic flow and pedestrian routes.