Ballinahinch Regional Road
New regional link road, realignment and roundabout constructed as part of the Ashford Residential Scheme for Ardstone Homes
AECOM - Enginners / BBA Architecture - Architects / Mitchell & Associates - Landscape Architects
Ashford County Wicklow
- 19,000m3 excavation across the entire site
- New roundabout constructed during a 3-week road closure.
- 13.5M Precast culvert.
- 1400m of Drainage pipelines (storm and Foul), ranging from 150mm – 600mm diameter installed in the live road with 56 new gullies and connections.
- 200 linear meters of Limestone gabion walling.
- 560 linear meters of boundary walling with reconstituted capping, powder coated railings and limestone cladding.
- 6,900m of ducting and all associated chambers– including ESB MVLV, public lighting and communications.
- 1200M of 150mm ID HDPE watermain.
- Extensive liaison with service provides to facilitate Eir, ESB, Irish Water diversions and connections off the existent network.
- 8,900m2 road surfacing and cycle track surfacing.
- Extensive site clearance and enabling works.
- 1,700m of concrete kerbs with 4,200m2 concrete footpaths
- 6 new junctions with pedestrian crossings
- New public lighting network with 45 new lighting columns with LED Lanterns
- Extensive soft landscaping and tree planting.
- Accommodation works for affected residents.
- Major pedestrian and traffic management throughout the course of the project
- Substantial third-party liaison notably with local residents, adjacent housing contractors and Inland Fisheries